Aloe Vera For The Skin - How To Use This Miracle Plant
Aloe Vera gel is widely popular for its numerous health benefits. This humble succulent has been used for medicinal purposes and dates back to Ancient Egypt. People all around the world have used this plant as a quick and effective way to heal sunburn. But here are some more ways that you can unlock all the benefits the aloe vera plant has to offer.
1. Improve Digestion - Aloe vera contains acemannan, an active ingredient that soothes the digestive system, helping acid reflux, oesophagal inflammation, and tummy aches.
2. Treat Dandruff - You can rid of dandruff by making a homemade treatment using aloe vera juice. Mix it with coconut milk and wheatgerm oil. Massage it onto your scalp and then rinse off with plenty of water.
3. Exfoliate Your Skin - When used as a scrub, aloe vera removes dead cells, boosts cell renewal, and hydrates our skin. Nourishing and moisturising, aloe vera feeds our skin vitamins and trace elements. Added plus: it's healing properties means it can repair the epidermis and boost our skin's micro-circulation.
4. Makeup Primer - Aloe vera gel's texture works really well as a primer. Its hydrating and smoothing properties prepare our skin for makeup that looks matte and natural.
5. Moisturiser - Aloe vera gel makes a great daily moisturiser. Moisturising, nourishing, and softening, it's perfect for both dry and oily skin. It hydrates without overloading our skin and won't leave behind a greasy film!
6. Body Mask - You can whip an exfoliating, homemade, 100% natural mask to deal with any stubborn zones - elbows, heels, knees. Mix 550g of coarse sea salt, 225g of aloe vera gel, 200g of coconut milk and two tablespoons of honey. Apply as required, leave to dry, and gently rub off using small, circular movements. Baby-soft skin guaranteed.
7. Treat Burns - Aloe vera heals all types of burns, thanks to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Just mix aloe vera gel with vitamin E oil to form a poultice that can be directly applied to burns.
8. Nourish Mature Skin - Aloe vera has turbo-charged anti-ageing properties that pump our skin with all the nutrients and vitamins needed to prevent dry skin and the appearance wrinkles. Its antioxidants combat free radicals that cause premature skin ageing.
9. Cooling Aftersun - Aloe vera's soothing action makes it the perfect aftersun! Let the gel dry to form a protective, transparent film to calm hot skin after a day in the sun.
10. Treat Acne - Aloe vera treats acne thanks to its healing, anti-inflammatory, moisturising and antiseptic properties. Dab some aloe vera gel onto a spot, massage it in and repeat whenever necessary.