What is conditioner?
Hair conditioner is a hair care product that helps to enhance the texture, appearance, and manageability of hair. This hair care essential is used as the second step in your hair wash routine after shampooing, and works towards reducing the friction between hair strands and ensuring smooth combing. Conditioners also help add moisture and strength to the hair, reduce split ends, and repair the locks.
What are the different types of hair conditioners?
The hair care industry has evolved impressively. As a result, you can get hold of different types of conditioners. Below listed are different types of hair conditioners:
- • Rinse-out conditioner:
- • Leave-in conditioner:
- • Dry conditioner:
Rinse-out conditioners are the most common type of hair conditioners, which require leaving the product on your hair for a few minutes and rinsing it with water.
As the name implies, leave-in conditioners are meant to be left in your hair so that each hair strand can get additional moisture and nutrients, and maintain a soft, silky touch. Every hair type can benefit from leave-in conditioners.
It’s a dry product that needs to be sprayed on hair and doesn’t require washing. You can use a dry conditioner to hydrate dry hair and reduce frizz.
What are the benefits of hair conditioner?
Conditioners are effective hair care products that make hair softer, smoother, and manageable. Besides, hair conditioners repair damaged hair and enhance its appearance.
- ● Conditioners for damaged hair help combat the visible signs of damage like hair fall, dryness, rough hair, dull hair, and split ends. Those with damaged hair can choose a repair conditioner to restore hair moisture and make it manageable. Additionally, you can opt for rapid reviver deep conditioner that would help you revive your dry and damaged hair and reduce breakage.
- ● Conditioners can seal split ends, help prevent frequent haircuts, and get you closer to your long hair dreams. There are certain detangling conditioners that help to address hair tangling issues, reduce breakage, seal split ends, and make your dream of long hair a reality.
- ● Deep conditioners can efficiently tackle dry, damaged hair. For instance, oil-infused deep conditioner for dry hair help add increased hydration to it and ceramide-enriched deep conditioner significantly reduces breakage and repairs damaged hair. Those who have oily roots and dry ends can also get benefits by using clay-infused deep conditioner for dry hair.
- ● If you are struggling with dry and lifeless hair, then a nourishing conditioner for dull hair is your best bet. You can opt for an oil nourishing conditioner for frizzy hair to nourish the hair from root to tip and transform dry and lifeless hair to soft and lustrous locks.
- ● Lack of moisture is a grave concern for people with dehydrated hair. However, a moisture-sealing conditioner can help dehydrated hair retain moisture for long hours and breathe new life into it.
- ● Conditioner for hair fall resistance works on fragile hair that is more prone to breakage. This type of hair-fall resist conditioner dedicates itself to restructuring hair fiber and strengthening each strand so that you can get stronger and healthy hair.
- ● Hair Conditioners for coloured hair protect hair and prevent your hair colour from fading. Along with protecting the colored tresses from external aggressors, color protect conditioner nourishes hair and prolongs the radiance of hair.
- ● If you are dealing with dry hair and greasy scalp, you need a specially formulated conditioner that can be used on the scalp as well. You can opt for clay-infused hydrating conditioner hydrates dry lengths and purifies oily scalps. This conditioner for dry hair leaves hair feeling soft and shiny and gives the scalp a fresh and clean sensation.
Why shouldn’t you skip a conditioner in your hair care ritual?
To get continued protection for hair against environmental aggressors, breakage, and frizz, you must use a hair conditioner religiously. If you skip conditioner or altogether cut it from your regular hair wash routine, you can notice significant changes in your hair appearance. These include:
- ● Skipping a hair conditioner for a long time can affect the firm outer layer of cuticle and make hair unmanageable.
- ● Not using conditioner can make your hair difficult to comb.
- ● Conditioners help to repair split ends temporarily. Wondering how? By smoothening the cuticles and mitigating the friction between each tress. This whole incident help to heighten light reflection off hair and make it shiny.
- ● You can notice unmanageable flyaways and frizz which are more prone to breaking and splitting.
- ● Your hair would lose its shine, softness, and luster if you skip hair conditioners.
How to apply hair conditioner?
- Step 1: Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and rinse it out.
- Step 2: Take the required amount of conditioner (usually about a size of coin) and apply it on wet hair.
- Step 3: Start spreading the conditioner evenly on the ends of your hair.
- Step 4: Use a wide-tooth comb or run your fingers through your hair to ensure each strand is coated with hair conditioner.
- Step 5: Leave the L’Oréal conditioner on your hair and wait for 1-3 minutes.
- Step 6: Thoroughly rinse your hair with water.
1. Which is the best conditioner for dry hair?
L'Oréal Paris 6 Oil Nourish Rapid Reviver Deep Conditioner is one of the best conditioners for dry hair as it helps provide 2X hydration to your hair. Manufactured with six unique oils, this conditioner reduces dryness effectively and provides deep nourishment without weighing it down.
2. How often should you use conditioner?
You can use conditioner after every wash meaning you use this essential hair care product a few times a week.
3. How do I choose hair conditioner?
If you have dry hair, choose a moisturizing deep conditioner. If you have dry hair and oily scalp, use a hydrating conditioner. If you are struggling with dull hair, trust nourishing conditioners. If you are suffering from hair fall, then use anti-hair fall conditioner. If your hair is extremely dry and frizzy, opt for a damage repair shampoo.
4. Can I use regular conditioner as deep conditioner?
You can use regular conditioner as deep conditioners but you won’t get similar results from the former variant. Regular conditioners can increase the moisture level in your hair, nourish and detangle hair but these types of conditioners can’t repair, restore or rebuild hair strands like that of deep conditioners.
5. How long should you deep conditioner hair?
You should leave a deep conditioner on your hair for around 30 minutes or more. Deep conditioners help to repair extremely damaged and dry hair and you should use them once in a week to get best results. From providing an intense boost of moisture and nourishment to making your tresses shinier, softer, and more manageable, L’Oréal conditioners help you target specific hair concerns, resolve those issues adeptly and get the hair of your dreams.