A Quick Guide To Anti Ageing Creams
There comes a point in our skincare lives when we can no longer slap on any old moisturiser... Expression lines or wrinkles caused by sagging skin appear, meaning we need to up the ante and invest in age-busting creams. But how do we know which one to choose? Easy, just follow our guide!
1. Anti-ageing treatments slow down the clock
First and foremost, anti-ageing and anti-wrinkle are two completely different issues! Anti-wrinkle creams just deal with wrinkles. Anti-ageing creams combat all signs of ageing (wrinkles, saggy skin, loss of density or volume, age spots, fragile skin) and are pumped full of various active ingredients. The star players are retinol to zap wrinkles, fruit acids to boost cell renewal, hyaluronic acid to deeply hydrate, Pro-xylane to strengthen fibrous tissue, Vitamin C for an antioxidant kick, calcium to improve density and caffeine to drain puffy eyes.
2. Get an anti-ageing cream depending on your needs
• When wrinkles first appear: Tired features, lines, uneven tone, open pores.
Opt for a light, vitamin E-based cream to wake up and smoothe your complexion and to zap wrinkles already in place. Vertical lines make us look worn out and grumpy. To banish frown lines, deep nasolabial folds, and forehead wrinkles, go for a targeted anti-wrinkle treatment. Pro-retinol can deal with the deepest of furrows. The result? Diminished wrinkles and firmer, moisturised skin.
• To revive dull skin: Dry skin craves hydrating treatments: hyaluronic acid is a great glow-boosting skin-smoother. If you've got oily skin, apply creams rich in fruit acids or retinol to improve blood flow whilst gently exfoliating its surface.
• To revolumise your face: Creams containing hyaluronic acid will reduce wrinkles and restore volume, leaving your face plump, firm and visibly younger. Hyaluronic acid works particularly well on tear troughs! Try the Revitalift Moisturizing Eye Cream that is specially created to reduce wrinkles and puffiness around the eyes and boost skin’s radiance.
• To bolster sagging skin: If your skin is losing elasticity and becoming less supple, pump it full of peptides. These active ingredients increase collagen and elastin production that's slowed down with age.
• To comfort thin, fragile skin: If your epidermis is wilting, go for a calcium-based cream to repair and strengthen your skin.
• To banish age spots: The idea is to even out skin tone with an anti-pigment treatment that will regulate melatonin levels. You should also religiously apply a sunscreen to prevent age spots from cropping up.