National Grandparents Day - beauty tips for keeping our youthful looks
National Grandparents Day is a time to celebrate all the grandmas out there. You know how to live in the moment: you enjoy life, are at ease with your age and have better things to do than peer at your wrinkles. You are young at heart, and you know it. But over time, your skin starts indicating you that you are not that young and beautiful. Do not let it do so. Use these tips to maintain your youthful look and be beautiful always.
1. A healthy mind and body keep age at bay. So time to get moving. A brisk walk is all it takes to kick-start our blood flow and oxygenate our cells. What's more, exercise boosts collagen production and combats free radicals.
2. Over the years, you get used to your wrinkles. That said, dull skin or a dry, tired complexion is a no-no. Regular scrubbing, moisturising, and applying specific creams are the key. And protecting your faces, hands and cleavage from your Arch Enemy No.1 (the sun) is essential.
3. Apply a good dose of cleanser and take a minute or so to massage it in using circular movements with your fingertips. It'll deeply cleanse your skin, getting rid of pollution, grime and makeup, while boosting your circulation for a healthy glow.
4. There's nothing better than a good nights’ sleep to zap signs of tension or stress and for the body to eliminate toxins. Cell regeneration reaches its peak during the night. So what's a good night's sleep? Between 6 and 8 hours a night. And don't feel bad if you fancy taking a nap to catch up on some shut-eye.
5. Psychology plays a role in looking younger. Which means you should enjoy the pleasures in life, whatever our age or physical condition. Take a stroll, have a dip in the sea, enjoy dancing and singing in the bath. Preconceptions about age shouldn't bother us - you're here to have some fun.
6. Stress is one of the main causes of wrinkles and signs of ageing. So laugh whenever you can. Laughing limits the production of stress hormones and also relaxes your facial muscles.
7. A varied, balanced diet will give your skin all it needs: vitamins A, C and E, antioxidants to zap free radicals, trace elements, copper to keep your skin supple and zinc to boost cell renewal.
8. Being hunched can add years to your age. But there are plenty of ways you can work on your posture: clenching your stomach muscles, stretching your shoulders, standing up straight and walking tall. Our tip? Yoga and stretching are great for keeping your posture in check.
9. You can firm up your features with a gentle facial massage: define your facial contours, lift your cheekbones and smooth your neck with a quick self-massage.
10. Dark circles, bags, blemishes, liver spots; All of these can be camouflaged with a good makeup brush and colour-correcting foundation or concealer. Freshen up your eyes, apply an eyebrow pencil, dab on a bit of blusher et voilà. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in a flash.
Age is just a number. So this grandparents day, set on a journey of nostalgia and achieve your smooth, soft and glowing skin back with these simple tips.