10 tips for glowing skin
Winter is coming, the days are getting shorter, you are worn out and so is your skin. Kiss goodbye to a sallow complexion and follow these 10 tips for glowing skin.
1. Clever make up will help you even out your skin tone. If you have ruddy patches, apply a green-toned base, as it's red's complementary colour and will neutralise these zones. You can also use a corrector stick to hide pimples, scars and liver spots. Finish off with a foundation or BB cream that matches your skin tone, so that it will invisibly blend in as you smooth it across your face.
2. The golden rule for a flawless complexion is to moisturize and nourish our skin. This is particularly important during winter when our skin has to deal with wind, rainy weather and temperature changes; all which can wreak havoc with the upper layers of the epidermis. Apply a moisturizer every morning and, rather than using your light summer cream, opt for a richer one during winter months. It will form a protective barrier against the cold and stop your skin from drying out. However, if your skin is oily, you should avoid creams that can make your skin patchy. Instead, opt for something that is ultra-light and yet nourishing. You can use the new L'Oréal Paris Revitalift Crystal Micro-Essence that has a watery consistency for quick and effective absorption into the skin. This advanced skincare formula penetrates 10 layers into the skin surface to reveal your glowing, bright and crystal clear skin. It also contains active ingredients like Salicylic Acid, which accelerates skin renewal & mildly exfoliates to refine pores & skin texture to give you a smooth and flawless complexion.
3. Cleanse your face morning and night to get rid of makeup and impurities (dust, pollution, sweat, smoke). Clean skin can breathe and better absorb treatments. Cleansing is the key to glowing skin.
4. Skin cells regenerate more quickly during the night. Applying certain treatments can boost cell renewal. After cleansing and before you hit the sack, apply a night cream suited to your needs: anti-wrinkle, anti-ageing, anti-fatigue, firming. You can try the new L'Oreal Paris Hydrafresh Anti-Ox Night Mask-in Jelly that provides instant hydration and leaves your skin bouncy and radiant. Once or twice a week, apply a hydrating face mask and leave it on overnight.
5. Nothing's better than a good scrub to give your complexion a wake-up call. Use a fine grain scrub that won't damage your epidermis and apply it using small, circular movements. This will get rid of dead cells and toxins that dull and suffocate the skin.
6. Adopt a revitalising morning ritual: drink a glass of lukewarm water with fresh lemon juice on an empty stomach. It's a detox winner. It cleanses and drains our organs while giving us a healthy dose of vitamin C to kick-start the day.
7. Face masks are great for pumping skin full of minerals and active ingredients that will give you a radiant complexion. Black clay is oxygenating and packed full of iron and purifying active ingredients that will suck out any toxins and nourish your skin. The occasional purifying face mask will deeply cleanse your epidermis.
8. Looking tired can dull your complexions. So time to give it a well-needed boost. Apply a tinted eye roll-on to camouflage dark circles and bags - this will zap all signs of tiredness. Apply it in the morning, before your foundation, to reduce any bags under your eyes. Extra tip: keep a couple of teaspoons in the fridge and, when they're nicely chilled, place them on your eyes for an instant wide-eyed look. Once you've applied your foundation, finish off with a concealer to get rid of any remaining shadows.
9. Rain or shine, apply a bronzing powder to give your skin a sun-kissed glow. Lightly dust your bronzing powder across your T-zone (chin, nose, and forehead) and cheeks. Add a touch of pink blusher to the top of your cheekbones (where you can feel the bones) for a rosy-cheeked complexion. You'll be left with a healthy, fresh-faced look and glowing skin.
10. The best way to highlight your features is to use the strobing technique - it helps capture light and immediately brightens the complexion. Apply a highlighter to specific parts of your face: the corner of your eyes, on your brow bones, around your mouth and on the tip of your nose. Use a highlighter that's slightly lighter than your foundation and opt for one that contains reflective pigments. The aim? To freshen up your complexion and give you youthful, glowing skin.
Winter brings with it lots of lovely things like mufflers, hot coffee and gazar ka halwa. However, often it also gifts you dry skin, flakes and runny nose stealing your sheen and shine. But not anymore. With these tips, you can ensure that you get a glowing and flawless skin whatever be the season.