10 Tips for a Glowing Complexion
Summer is almost here and you want your skin to shine, not with sweat, but with a glow from within. Here are ten simple tips for radiant skin that will make others green with envy.
1. Cleanser - Cleanse both morning and night. Cleansing not only removes make-up, but also impurities (pollution, sebum, etc) that suffocate the skin.
2. Face Mist - As well as being relaxing and refreshing, facial mists are soothing and give your skin an extra veil of moisture. Finish your cleanse by thoroughly misting and you can also spritz your face throughout the day for an instant pick-me-up.
3. Moisturiser - Apply a day cream adapted to your needs: nourishing, purifying, mattifying or anti-ageing. Once moisturised, your skin will be plump and glowing. The new L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Crystal Micro-Essence is a water-based formula that penetrates up to 10 skin layers to reveal bright, radiant, crystal clear skin.
4. Exfoliate - Smooth skin reflects light. Gently exfoliate the skin after cleansing to remove dead cells from its surface. Use this moment to gently massage the face and boost your cutaneous circulation. If you find scrubs too aggressive, you can use a soft facial cleansing brush. The Salicylic Acid in the Micro-Essence accelerates skin renewal and mildly exfoliates to refine pores and skin texture.
5. Facial steam - Once a week, steam your face by holding it over a bowl of hot water with a few drops of essential oil in (tea tree, lavender or rosemary). The steam will open the pores and release built-up gunk and toxins. If you have oily skin, you can follow this with a purifying, clay face mask.
6. Hydration - This is the amount needed to rehydrate the skin from the inside. Sufficient water levels in the body make the skin supple, refine its tone and refresh facial features.
7. Concealer - A dab of concealer under the eyes, on the nose, and on the chin will help to brighten your complexion.
8. Highlighter – Apply a glowy highlighter on the high points of your face (top of your cheekbones, bridge of the nose, temples) for some additional shine.
9. Healthy Diet - Your body needs a good dose of anti-oxidants. These can be found in almonds, beetroot, blueberries, broccoli and sweet potatoes. They brighten dull complexions and help to combat premature ageing of the skin.
10. Sleep - The best way to get naturally glowing skin is to get enough sleep. Aim for seven hours a night to give the skin a chance to regenerate. Cell regeneration peaks between 1am and 3am.
A lot of different factors like pollution, dust, sun, poor lifestyle habits, and stress can make your skin lose its shine and look dull and lifeless. Make these easy-to-follow hacks a part of your daily routine to bring back the glow and enjoy radiant, healthy-looking skin.