Swimming, Surfing, Skiing - Which Sunscreen Should I Use?
Spending your days out in the sun while enjoying your favourite sports sure sounds like fun. But the prolonged exposure to the harsh and harmful sun rays can wreak havoc on your skin. Read on to know some simple tips to shield your skin from the sun and enjoy all your activities without worry.
1. Start your day by applying a hydrating serum before breakfast. This will give it time to penetrate your skin. This will mean your skin won't be at flaky when you later apply your sunscreen.
2. Even if you're heading out fully clothed, apply a sunscreen that protects your skin against both UVA and UVB to your hands (to avoid liver spots), your feet (REALLY painful if they get burned) as well as other sensitive areas - ears, forehead, cheekbones, nose, and chin. Try the UV Perfect Aqua Essence by L’Oréal Paris for 12 hours of non-stop protection from the damaging rays of the sun. The Mexoryl and long UVA filters in the UV Perfect Aqua Essence provide broad-spectrum protection and protect skin from UVB, UVA, and LONG UVA. Your skin is effectively protected from UV-induced darkening, dark spots, and premature aging.
3. If you're a water sports fan (paddle boarding, surfing, windsurfing, and skiing), opt for an ultra-protective product designed for kids, they are usually thick, white creams that are also waterproof. You'll be grateful you did when you later admire your gorgeously tanned, problem-free glow.
4. It can get pretty bright out there in the sun and the blazing sun reflecting off the sea and beach tends to make us squint. But returning home with deeper wrinkles and crow's feet is a no-no! So make sure you soothe this fragile zone every evening by applying a suitable treatment. A couple of minutes daily pampering will help you keep your youthful gaze.
5. What if your eyes are dry and sore from chlorine or saltwater? Give them a good rinse with some eye drops or an eye bath. Be careful not to rub your eyes as this will irritate them further.
Exposure to the sun is inevitable when you’re indulging in outdoor sports. Using a good sunscreen and taking the right measures to protect your skin like the ones mentioned above are crucial to maintain the youthfulness and health of your skin.