Mature Skin: Help, My Body is Starting to Sag!
Just like the shape of your face that changes over time, your figure also starts to change, the body becomes less firm, saggy skin develops, the normal shapes of the body are disrupted. Obviously, it's all down to ageing, and even though you cannot completely stop the process of ageing, you can take a few steps to delay the signs.
As you age, elastic fibres become more and more scarce, collagen fibres are altered, microcirculation slows down and keeping your skin hydrated becomes increasingly difficult. Even though it is possible to stimulate collagen production and skin microcirculation and to hydrate the epidermis deeply; especially with hyaluronic acid products like the Revitalift Laser X3 Renewing Anti-Ageing Serum that boosts skin hydrating to improve elasticity and re-plump the skin, it is almost impossible to produce new elastic fibres. Our supply of elastin decreases as we get older and the body stops making it after 40.
There are not very many solutions: just avoid damaging your elastic fibres at all costs! Generally, our advice is to prevent the deterioration of the skin and to preserve its elasticity –
• Avoid situations that will accelerate skin ageing: prolonged exposure to the sun, pollution, free radicals, oxidation, glycation
• Watch your diet to make sure you are not lacking in the nutrients needed to produce collagen: vitamin C, vitamin A, silicium, essential amino acids, magnesium
• Look after your hormonal terrain
• Protect and hydrate your skin: avoid hot baths that destroy the skin's hydrolipidic film, replace abrasive bars of soap with a shower oil, and use a body milk, hydrating balm or dry oil every day, paying special attention to the driest areas
• You can also treat saggy skin areas with techniques to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. These processes include applying physical agents (radio frequencies, electric currents, ultrasound, light) or mechanical elements (micro collisions, manual or mechanical massages, micropuncture)
• Get active: make sure you get regular exercise, as hard-working muscles attract more and more oxygen. When your blood gets flowing, your skin will seem firmer and smoother. So, get out your old trainers and get to work to keep your mature skin looking young!
The longer you wait, the harder it is going to be to reverse the signs of ageing that have already started showing up on your skin. So start early and that way you can hold on to your youthful and firm skin for longer.