Kale, the best veg to stock in our bathroom
Kale (or curly kale) is part of the cabbage family and related to other cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and Brussel sprouts. Here are eight reasons why it's worth its weight in gold
1. Vitamin A: About 70g of raw kale contains 206% RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance) of vitamin A. Its role? To strengthen the dermis and boost blood flow to the skin's surface, giving us a healthy glow.
2. Vitamin C: About 70g of raw kale contains 134% RDA of Vitamin C. Vitamin C regenerates collagen and boosts its production, leaving us with firmer skin. It restores elasticity to skin, while protecting it from damage caused by the sun and pollution.
3. Vitamin K: About 70g of raw kale contains 684% RDA of Vitamin K. Essential for cell regeneration, vitamin K increases the production of enzymes that protect against premature skin ageing. Added plus? It's the best concealer on the market!
4. Copper: About 70g of raw kale contains 10% RDA of Copper. Copper is a powerful anti-ageing mineral involved in the synthesis of hyaluronic acid.
5. Potassium: About 70g of raw kale contains 9% RDA of Potassium. Potassium harnesses water to keep our skin hydrated for longer. Dry skin's BFF! Thanks to its detoxifying action, it also helps reduce bags under the eyes.
6. Calcium: About 70g of raw kale contains 9% RDA of Calcium. Essential for overall good health and cell regeneration, calcium strengthens fragile and thin skin. Mature skin loves a bit of calcium.
7. Manganese: About 70g of raw kale contains 6% RDA of Manganese. A free radical-buster, manganese limits oxidative stress and damage caused by UVB rays.
8. Flavonoids: These powerful antioxidants protect our cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals.
Rich in these 8 vitamins and minerals, and full of skin-benefitting ingredients, there is no reason for you not to make kale a part of your diet! Munch on some greens and say hello to healthy and glowing skin.