How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin - Skincare For Oily Skin
Dilated pores, spots, blemishes - oily skin can come with a host of problems. Zap the shine with a gentle cleansing routine to rebalance and mattify your complexion. Here is a step to step cleansing routine to have clean, glowing skin in a jiffy.
1. Clean the Impurities - Oily skin secretes more sebum than other skin types, especially around the T-zone. Evening cleaning is essential to get rid of excess sebum, along with impurities that suffocate the skin, clog pores and cause blackheads and blemishes.
2. Tone Your Skin - After cleansing, use a toner to remove any remaining make-up, offset the dehydrating effect of hard water and purify the skin. Choose a formula rich in purifying essential oils such as peppermint, lemon catnip, rosemary and thyme. If you get pimples, a few drops of tea tree oil will enhance your toner's antibacterial and cleansing properties.
3. Scrub Off The Dead Cells - Use an exfoliating scrub once a week to deeply clean pores and remove dead skin. Scrubbing too hard can result in excess production of sebum, so gently massage the skin using small, circular movements, paying particular attention to the T-zone. Finish with a clay-based purifying mask; clay is great for absorbing sebum, impurities and toxins. You'll be left with deeply cleansed skin and a smooth, matt complexion.
4. Moisturize and Hydrate - Oily skin has a delicate water/lipid balance, so choose the right day and night creams for your skin type. They're specially formulated to provide a purifying and balancing action that regulates sebum production. Most importantly, they absorb excess oil to create a matt look. During the day, opt for a hydrating cream or a light serum that will easily penetrate the skin, moisturizing it but not adding excess oil or smothering the pores. In the evening, go for a slightly richer formula that will nourish and soften the skin, while allowing it to breathe.
You can opt for L'Oréal Paris Revitalift Crystal Micro-Essence which is perfect for all day. Its ultra-light-weight watery consistency absorbs completely into your skin by penetrating up to 10 layers deep to give you a glowing, brightening and youthful skin. It also has active ingredients like Salicylic Acid, which accelerates skin renewal and mildly exfoliates to refine pores and skin texture.
5. Finish Off with Sunscreen - It is crucial that after cleaning you also protect your skin against the harmful UV sun rays. With the Indian weather diluted with dust and pollution, your sunscreen mustn't clog your pores. You can try the new L'Oréal Paris UV Perfect UV Protector Transparent SPF 50+ (Non-Tinted) that is perfect for Indian summers. It absorbs sweat and is suitable for all skin types, including oily skin. This expert UV protection gives you a fresh and matte finish and prevents you against skin problems like dull skin, dark spots, early ageing.
These basic skincare tips can help you get a glowing and youthful skin even if you have oily skin. Avoid being in dust and pollution for too long, follow the daily CTM( cleansing, toning and moisturizing) ritual and once a week scrub off any dead cells to shine with a glowing and flawless look.