10 Trending Skincare Terms
Like you keep an eye on the latest terms like bitcoin in finance and artificial intelligence in technology, there are also a few latest skincare terms that you should know about. Knowing about these will help you pick the right product and get the best treatment for your skin. The following are the 10 trending skincare terms you should be aware about.
- Filler- If you are not keen on getting anti-wrinkle injections, you can instead opt for fillers. Fillers contain a high amount of hyaluronic acid that fills the face hollows and wrinkles and smoothers the epidermis.
- Sleeping pack- Lighter and better than greasy creams that you apply as night creams, sleeping packs are gel-based lightweight treatments that transform into water overnight. It repairs your skin when you sleep, giving you plumper and radiant glow.
- Sheet mask- This is the new revolution in the field of face masks, which is being widely preferred as a skincare product. Majorly made of cotton or cellulose, this fabric mask is an easy solution to tired and dull skin. After you keep it on your face for 10-15 minutes, it leaves your face hydrated, clean, firm, and toned.
- Pore refiner- Pore refiner, is a two-way treatment for visible pores. A mask with a paste-like consistency first controls the sebum production on your skin and then acts as an exfoliator to reduce the size of pores evident on your skin.
- Brightening creams- These creams are rich in Vitamin C, which attacks your dark spots to give you a brighter look and lighter complexion. If you are not one of those who like to load your face with creams, you can instead try the L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Crystal Micro-Essence. It has a lightweight watery texture that penetrates 10 layers deep into your skin to exfoliate your skin cells and give you a brighter and clear crystal look.
- Layering- If a single product is failing to give you your desired look, you can opt for layering. In this treatment, multiple layers of different skincare and make-up products are used on your skin to give you your desired look. For e.g. you can apply primer, followed by concealer, foundation, and then liner and lipstick to get an even and bright look on your face.
- GG cream- Forget about the BB, CC, DD creams, because GG creams are going to rule the markets. GG stands for Genius Glow that gives you an instant glow with a bronze effect without the build-up of foundation on your skin.
- Liquid care- An Umbrella term for new light weight products, liquid care is available in the form of gels, creams, and mist. These are lightweight water based products used for skin hydration. A kind of hydration shot, these instantly moisturize your skin, while also containing active ingredients to give you a brighter look. A similar product is L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Crystal Micro-Essence. This contains active ingredients like Salicylic Acid that accelerates skin renewal & mildly exfoliates to refine pores & skin texture. Similarly Centella Asiatica present in the Micro-Essence stimulates skin regeneration and renewal, giving you a youthful, brighter, and clear skin.
- Lip patch- If you are tired of your chapped and dark lips, this one is for you. A weird looking lip mask, this lip patch uses glycerin and collagen to give you soft and smooth lips. A gel mask that looks like a huge comic pair of pink lips, its effects are worth the shot.
- Micro-needling- As the name suggests, this is a small roller like product that contains microneedles to perforate your skin. This treatment boosts the skin healing process, reactivates the collagen production, and facilitates the easy absorption of skincare products.