1. Lots of essential fatty acids, skin's favourite beauty-boosting nutrients! They protect our skin from the harmful effects of the sun, whilst make it more supple and resistant.
2. Omega 3: Omega 3 keeps our cutaneous blood vessels elastic, allowing nutrients to reach cells and keep our skin supple.
Shopping list essentials - Oily fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines and mackerel. Other omega 3-rich foods include eggs, lambs lettuce, dandelion and rapeseed oil.
3. Omega 6: Omega 6 regenerates the hydrolipidic film and prevents dehydration - welcome to comfy, moisturised skin!
Shopping list essentials - Most vegetable oils, grains and cereals. Plus eggs and some meats (depending on how the animal is raised and fed).
4. Vitamin E: This vitamin boosts the effectiveness of the omega family by protecting cell membranes and slowing down ageing - an added preemptive strike to keep skin supple and glowing.
Shopping list essentials - Vegetable oils - wheat germ and sunflower oils are your best bet. However, olive, corn and rapeseed oils also contain a decent level of vitamin E. You should also pick up some avocados and antioxidant-rich almonds.
5. Vitamin C: the collagen-boosting properties of vitamin C prevent skin from drying out and keep wrinkles at bay.
Shopping list essentials - Citrus fruits, broccoli, spinach and red peppers.
6. Vitamin A: When we're low on vitamin A, our skin becomes dry and tight. This is because vitamin A helps skin tissue to repair itself and remain taut. It also plays an important role in cell renewal.
Shopping list essentials - Egg yolks, carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, squash, spinach and cabbage.
So what are you waiting for? Take this list along with you on your next grocery run and stock up on these skin-boosting foods for healthy, radiant, and baby-soft skin.